Tuesday, April 21, 2009

O, the humanity!!

One would not be at fault given the relative surfeit of discussion of Jenny's trials and tribulations as against the paucity of such discussion regarding my own suffering in concluding that my journey has thus far been, as it were, a walk in the park. Nevertheless, such is not the case. In order to rectify this unhealthy imbalance I will now list the myriad corporeal woes attending my experience thus far.

  1. I have a painful callous on the right side of my left big toe. It is a 3 on a 10-point scale making it mildly annoying to say the least.
  2. I have a small outbreak of poison ivy on my right hand between my pinky and ring fingers. It was quite itchy a few days ago but since applying some hydrocortizone it is now merely an unsightly blemish on my otherwise perfect form.

Such are the slings and arrows I have been suffering. I hope this report lets you revise your heretofore rosy assessment of my journey to a mildly arduous walk in the park.

O, the humanity!!

7 comments:

  1. Jenny's account of the good and bad equipment and Rick's admission that his otherwise perfect form hurts too make me confident that you are adapting to this new life.

    On the home front Brooklyn kitties Calisto and Humfrey and Cape Cod kitties Neo and Tiffin are adjusting also. Last night no nasty wake up fights although all were roaming the house freely. Progress!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So much suffering! I am sending the two of you well-wishes and lots of dry weather!

    ReplyDelete
  3. HAHA, I CAN COMMENT, SWEET!
    Yo, sorry for not getting to ya sooner, but I just found the comment area, doi :p
    (for anyone looking here who doesn't know who I am and cares to know, I'm Jenny's sister's eldest daughter :D)

    Anywho, glad to see you guys are having fun...I guess :p I actually wear my two pairs of wool socks that you guys got me SO many years ago in Kodiak to hike for winter, 'cause they're nice and warm and go great in my awesome leather boots. Sadly, the pair I wear most now has a hole in it and they're both thinning XP 'tis amusing. Yeah, randomly just reminded of that so figured I'd put it here so I have something to fill up this nice comment box and spam everyone :D

    Love for you both n' all that

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Rick: Show off!
    @Jodi: we're looking forward to several days of nice weather now and fine hiking.
    @ Brenda: Thanks for the Brooklyn v.s Cape Cod Kitty Smackdown update. We think about them daily.
    @Amelia: Hi, I'm glad to hear about the socks. Thanks for the 'spam'

    ReplyDelete
  5. @Amelia

    Good to hear from you. Between the socks and geema's scarf you're covered for cold weather. What are you going to do in the summer?

    ReplyDelete
  6. probably she'll go naked.

    ReplyDelete
  7. i knew somewhere someone was going to get poison ivy!!!

    ReplyDelete

When posting, please remember that your comments are public.